Saturday, May 16, 2009

Everything that's been going on...

Alright. Well, I know I haven’t been heard from in ages. But I can assure you, I am still alive.

First things first:

New York:

AMAZING!

The city is spectacular. I would live there if I could afford it. It’s a very sensory place. It’s all about the sights and smells and sounds. You walk the streets and one second you smell car exhaust and then next you’re at a street corner smelling hot dogs. There’s cars and people everywhere. They have signs that read “NO HONKING $350 FINE” which of course no one pays any attention to. At night, outside of your window there’s at least thirty cars honking and suddenly you’ll hear a fire truck.

I don’t want to re-account for the entire trip so I’ll do the high lights.

Broadway:

In the Heights is a masterpiece. It’s about a group of people who live in a section of the city called Washington Heights. It’s near a bridge. That’s about all I know. And it’s their last three days Washington Heights because their power was shut off. People fall in love, sing songs, fight, ect.

Mama Mia was super fun! There was this one usher guy and he was probably 80 something years old. And he kept yelling at people for using cameras and junk during the show and then during the finale…something catches someone’s eye, and we turn around….he’s dancing along to the music. AND! He knows the dance that they’re doing on stage!!!!!

Now…Social Officer Tryouts:

I tried out for Social Officer for drill team. And…I made it!!!!!!!!

Tryouts were this morning and the results were ready at 1:30.

Last night though, I couldn’t sleep at all. I tried counting sheep in English, French and Spanish. Then I tried naming all the U.S. Presidents in order, but I couldn’t remember who came after Andrew Jackson. Then I was singing to myself. I got one hour of sleep and then went to tryouts and I’m so tired right now I could fall over.

So, I just wanted to get all of this out there!

--Allison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS i cant tell u how proud i am. If i could i would but not possible! Ahhhhh i cant wait to see u over summer.!!!!!ILY
ANGELA