Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dreadfully dramatic plant videos and my new "pet"

Well, I forgot to mention yesterday...in biology, we watched this horrible video. It was about plants and seed dispersal. And it was by far, the most dramatic video I'd ever seen. Seriously! The fricken thing went on and on about the "manipulant powers of plants" in their "competitive world" and the "competitive war-fare" and how plants were ACTUALLY eevil genius masterminds that manipulated things (humans, birds, aardvarks, ect.) into helping them survive.....And everything was "hell bent" on destroying the seeds!!!! Oh god!! And then, apparently some plants can predict the future, die and then come back to life when they know it will rain so they can disperse their seeds...and then the seeds would "rupture violently" with atomic bomb noises in the background...
It was odd...but the whole time I was thinking about how Batman would love to see this video 'cause it would make her laugh.
Also, I went to Lowes today. Dad got some stuff for the lawn mower and mum and I looked at plants. I got a CACTUS!!!!! It's so cute! I named it Cactus! And he's (yes, it's a him) is so adorable!!!
Here's a picture....
here's Cactus in the store...

And here's Cactus in his new home.

He really likes it!!!

--Piddle

1 comment:

SimplyShy01 said...

Pretty cactus! He is cute and little.

I've seen science/nature videos/films like that. It's so stupid yet funny how the nararrator (the word looks weird) makes everytime sound so dramatic.

Have a nice day :)!

-SimplyShy