Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sit it out or dance...

Saturday, April 25, 2009

7:10 pm Central Time Zone (United States)

I received a text message.

7:12 pm Central Time Zone (United States)

I looked at it.

Batman, my Batman, my best friend in the entire universe, who I can and have told just about anything to, who I look forward to seeing every day -even when I know I can't see her that day-, who's voice -when I get to hear it- makes me want to scream with happiness, who pretty much keeps the world going round, who keeps me on my feet, who tells me "you can do it" even when I don't believe her...

...is moving.

Now I guess this isn't as big as it seems, I tend to over-dramatize things sometimes, and well, she's moving back to Oklahoma.

Four hours away.

I can't drive.

She assures me she'll be able to drive soon and will come visit me, but a four hour drive...most people would only make a drive like that when they absolutely had to...

Oh, and she's moving in 8 weeks.

-Sorry Batman, if you read this, sorry if it makes you sad-

I'd like to put in some corny comic relief for you, but sadly, I have none.

--Allison

3 comments:

SimplyShy01 said...

It hurts when your good friends move. That happened to me a month ago.

Hopefully Batman isn't moving too far away and will be driving soon. That will definitly make things better and not as hard.

And luckily, you have 8 more weeks to spend tons of time together and make the most out of.

Have a nice day :)!

-SimplyShy

lanna-lovely said...

It'll be fine, seriously, when I was younger, my best friend Traci moved away 3 times (once to England, and I live in Scotland, so... yeah and the other two times weren't as far away) but we stayed friends through all that.

And right now I hardly ever see my two best friends (Batman and Roo), Roo lives farther away because of uni but we talk all the time and it still works - distance doesn't have to make a difference if you're friendship is strong enough, sure, missing people sucks but that just makes you appreciate each other more (just think, there are plenty of ways you can stay in contact; text, phone, letters, emails, MSN etc.) :]

Anonymous said...

HEy!
I'm sooo sorry about bat man! I know we haven't talked in forever okay forever in my world but i just want u to know im there for u if u need it! All ( i shortenend ur name) Ur one of my best friends and i would hate it if u moved So I know i didn't know or like batman much she's still ur friend and im sorry! I love u soo Much! Talk to me soon or i might go crazy!
U know who!